Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Update on our 80% girl :)

So I don't want to be one of those people that posts everything about their pregnancy and baby bump and all that on Facebook...I personally find that very obnoxious. So...I will be documenting everything on here so I can have it on hand in the future.

Here's just some fun facts and pictures of the last 16 weeks.


8 weeks
This was the first week I started noticing a difference in my stomach. I was feeling VERY bloated. This is when it started to be very uncomfortable to button up my pants. I wasn't showing at all, just bloated at this point.
Baby: At 8 weeks our little peanut was the size of  a raspberry. So tiny.
Fun Fact:  Peanut is growing about a millimeter each day this week.
Cravings: Around this time I craved Little Ceasars bread sticks. I think i brought a bag home like every day for a week hahaha.
Symptoms: Horrible headaches, heartburn, bloat, night sweats, TIREDDDDD, lots of potty trips haha, nausea

9 weeks:
Baby: Size of a green olive! .9 inches long
Fun Fact: This week peanut is developing more prominent facial features.
Cravings: Anything salty
Same symptoms. Didn't notice anything different this week. except tired. all the time.

10 weeks:
Baby: size of a prune. 1.2 inches long
Fun Fact: Peanut's vital organs are developed and are starting to function
CRAZY DREAMS! oh boy. So I've had some really freaky dreams so far. I started writing them down on my phone so in the future I can show our little one and we'll just laugh together haha. Here's
 a few of my favs:
*My sister Aubrey is also pregnant so my dream was that she gave birth to a baby boy who came out with one ear pierced haha.
* Tanner was chasing me on our moped, and kept hitting me with a spatula. haha.
*Tanner and I and some friends were driving our friends pickup home from St George and they all made me drive. Well...I swore 3 times and almost killed us all.
I've had tons but those are some of the best ones.
In the middle of week 10, I woke up and my belly was poking out a little. It was weird haha. So here's the first pic I took at 10.5 weeks



11 weeks: 
Baby: size of a lime! I remember this week telling Tanner, "babe- our little peanut is now the size of a lime!  " And us thinking that was so huge compared to a raspberry 3 weeks ago :)  1.6 inches long
Fun Fact: Baby's skin is see-through!
Cravings: Still craved salty things but this week I started craving sour watermelons. So yes...I bought a bag and ate it...ALL!!! yum. 
Symptoms: still the same. I remember feeling so bloated and huge haha! I still fit into all of my pants, just had to squeeze a bit :)

12 weeks! 
This week was a huge milestone. I remember Tan and I talking about it over and over how if we were able to get to 12 weeks- everything would be okay. I was such a worry wart up to this point. But I'll 
tell you what- once 12 weeks hit and we had an ultrasound, things were much less stressful and 
worrisome. It was a good feeling. 
Fun Fact: Her reflexes are developing this week. She is learning to open and close her fist, and wiggling each individual finger.
Baby: size of a plum. About 2.1 inches long. 
Symptoms: All still the same- except this week I started getting HORRIBLE migraines and BAD heartburn. and WAY tired haha. After I eat anything it just gets stuck in my throat and won't go down. I started taking 500 mg of tylenol this week for my headaches. 
-Still visiting the potty way too much. haha. At this point I could still suck in and not have any bloat :) hehe
Ultrasound Tech told us at our 12 week appointment she was 80% sure it is a GIRL!!! She said there's still a chance she could be wrong though because it's so early.  I'm holding out for you little miss!
*My mom brought over "her" first outfit. She said she couldn't resist haha and it's the cutest thing ever.

she better stay a girl because I am in love with this outfit. 


13 weeks: 2nd Trimester! woohoo!!
Baby: At 13 weeks our little peanut was the size of a peach- about 2.9 inches long.
Fun fact: Even though baby is still tiny- she now has her own set of fingerprints :)
Symptoms:  This week was magical. Nausea= gone. now just migraines and heartburn. Weird though this week i randomly threw up one morning haha. By 13 weeks, I've gained 4 pounds!  Still able to wear same clothes- they just aren't very flattering like they used to be haha.

14 weeks: 
Baby: size of a lemon!  3.5 inches long, and now weighs 1.5 oz! 
Fun Fact: baby is wiggling around like crazy though I can't feel it yet.
Cravings: This week was strange. AVACADOS!!!! I've never liked avacados- but I swear we had 
them for dinner every night haha.
Symptoms: Week 14 was when I decided it was getting too darn uncomfortable to button up my jeans. They were so tight, and I couldn't do it any longer haha. So, I bought a belly band off amazon and i love it. It allows you to unbutton your jeans and zipper, and put the band over the button and zipper, and helps your pants stay on without getting your stomach pinched off hahaha. This was a magical experience- being able to breathe. 
At the end of this week I decided I'd had enough of trying to squeeze into my shirts. so... I bought some shirts that actually fit haha. 

15 weeks:
Baby: size of an orange. 4 Inches long, and now weights 2.5 oz.
Fun Fact: Her joints and limbs can all move now, and this week she starts hiccuping!
Cravings: This week it's been pudding. Not just normal pudding- it has to be chocolate cook and serve pudding. We ate it like every other day. 
Symptoms:  Still several trips to the john.  Can't button up any of my pants anymore- I've gained 6 lbs by now. 

16 weeks: March 4-10
Baby:  Now our little bean is the size of an avacado. 4.6 inches long, and weighs about 3.5 oz. 
Fun Fact: Now she's growing hair, lashes, and eyebrows. She's also listening to my voice!
Cravings: This week it's been pudding still, plus nachos. Actually I guess nachos started at 14 weeks . We had those several times a week too :) yummmmy.
Symptoms:  Randomly threw up...Pants not fitting at all. And I scored 4 shirts at DI for a total of $14!! That's how i like to 
shop. I love me some good deals.
*I got 12 free cans of baby food from a lady, and I got a free, super cute newborn outfit for free too. It's a grey jumpsuit, with white polka dots, and the sweater has 2 blue bows on the pocket. I didn't take a pic- but it's way too cute.
*16 WEEK  ULTRASOUND! was yesterday, March 4. We were told at 12 weeks this was the big ultrasound where they'd tell us the gender for sure, and they'd measure all the baby's body parts and see if everything was growing properly. Well..we got there and all they did was check the heartbeat. we were bummed haha. But...the nurse said its heartbeat was 156, and she said "Wow it's hyper in there!" haha oh boy. Our next apt is April 1- we can't wait!
Here's a pic at 16 weeks 1 day. This week and last week I've noticed my stomach being really hard. It's the weirdest thing. And a lot of stretching down there. Doctor said that's round ligament pain- where everything is stretching- and in a month from now, everything will be stretched as far as it needs to be. WEIRD!


I find this whole experience so amazing, and such a miracle. It's crazy to think that a human being is growing inside of me and I'm not really doing anything! Just eating a bit more, and buying clothes that fit! Haha.
 I'm so grateful :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the post and love the belly and love to buy little Ronnie clothes.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Sweet little baby bump! Keep posting the pics! I'll need to see it in real life someday too! ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete