Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 28, 2014

Love Day

I am such a sucker when it comes to holidays. Tanner tells me my excitement is like a child. Which is why I can't wait to have children of my own to enjoy the excitement with! Tanner tries- but it doesn't cut it hahaha. Anyway, I just LOVE holidays. I always have. It doesn't matter if it's Easter, Christmas, a birthday, valentines day, anything. I WILL do something fun- because I just love it and I think it makes life more enjoyable! Last year I did a scavenger hunt for Tanner for Easter. He thought it was so cheesy but I loved it. Throughout the years I've come with a motto of my own:

"Become as a little child- and life will be more enjoyable!"  I believe in this whole-heartedly.

So...just like any other holiday- Valentines Day came and I had a bit of a harder time deciding what I could do for Tanner.  I didn't get any pictures this year dang it, but I hung hearts from the ceiling that had "14 reasons why I love you" on them. I wasn't there when he got home, but when I did get home, he had fun punching them down like a body builder. haha :)

I was totally surprised this year. "flowers" are kind of an inside joke between Tanner and I. He hates buying them because they just die- but I LOVE them. They are so pretty and I love to smell them. Anyway, so it was like noon and I was just sitting at work. All the sudden my father-in-law walks in (he delivers flowers on vday) and says, "I have a delivery for Maddie Stevens. I think it's from your boyfriend?" It was this GORGEOUS bouquet of flowers with like 8 chocolate dipped strawberries. He left and I was an emotional mess.1. Probably a mix of pregnancy hormones, 2. Because I wasn't expecting them at all. and 3. they were SO PRETTY!!  I have the best husband ever. Here's a pic:

The last time I got a dozen flowers from my love was when we were dating. He gave me yellow roses with red tips which meant, "falling in love." HAHAHAHAHAHA isn't he cute? I know.

So...yeah. Thanks loverboy. We were going to go out to eat but we figured everywhere would be packed so we made something at home, and had butterfinger shakes (Our favorite!) for dessert while watching a show on netflix. Overall it was a great day. I'm blessed to have the husband that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment