Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Love you, Aub!

For my bridal shower last September, my sister Aubrey lived in California so she couldn't make it. Instead she put together this 12 month date night packet. For every month she put in a date idea in their own manilla folders, and said that whenever we can't think of any fun dates, to open that months date and do what it says!  Well last night we decided to open may.  It said to build a fort in the living room, and have a movie marathon!! so fun! we watched the little rascals :)


 I love this date idea.  Aubrey said she got the idea on pinterest, and we love it!  We look forward to reading what's in the folders every month.


 October: This month she had us take the time to sit down and write down details about your wedding day; either in our journals, or writing our own.  This was such a cute idea.  This way we won't forget our wedding day and the important details that happened that special day.
November: So for some reason there was nothing in the November folder, whoops! I'm sure we did something fun :)
December: This month's date was A SNOWMAN DATE!! Unfortunately, when we opened this envelope there was NO SNOW!!! hahaha we were heart broken.  But she included these cute hot cocoa packet things:

January: This month's date idea was New Year Resolutions time!  This was such a perfect idea.  Aubrey doesn't know this, but this is actually what started my exercise and trying to eat healthier.  I will admit it, I really like sweets.  Chocolate, candy, cake, anything- i like it!  And I have never really had an exercise program, but this got me started.  I made a goal to exercise every day for at least 30 minutes, and I'll tell you what- i feel so good!  I have lost about 5 pounds, and I hope I can continue to lose unneeded pounds!  In the winter I was also off track so it was fun to be able to prepare healthy meals for tanner when he got home for school.  Thanks aub, for getting me started on exercising every day!
February: "A night at the Steven's Home Spa!"  How fun was this!! The idea here is to pamper each other and have a relaxing, romantic evening.  Each of you choose which option you want, and maybe even a couple options.  Get everything ready to go.  Enough said :) :)
March: Go enjoy yourself a good ol' dinner and a movie!!  Inside this envelope aubrey included a $15 gift card to five guys burgers and fries, and 2 movie theatre tickets!  This is embarrasing, but Tanner I thought that these tickets were only valid on California, and so this was Aubrey's way of giving us an excuse to go visit them. hahahahaha.  Come to find out that we can use the tickets in Idaho Falls.  We used that gift card and had a wonderful date night.  We'll have to use the movie tickets in the near future!
April: This months date was a campout.  Make tinfoil dinners, and roast marshmallows. Well we chose to do this date at Tanner's parents house,  because they have a firepit in their backyard.  My favorite thing is to roast starbursts and smores in the summer, so that is exactly what we did!  We sat around the fire, talked, roasted starbursts and smores, and then slept in his parents camper!!!  It was a blast.
May: Make a fort in your living room, and have a movie marathon!! This is exactly what we did last night!!!
Our tent is dominating our apartment right now, it's kind of fun. hahaha.  Tanner and I can't wait for the rest of this years dates!! I'm so grateful for my sister Aubrey, and for the wonderful example she is to me.  She is such a good mother, one that I hope to be like when I have my own children.  I am so grateful for families, and for the chance we have to be with each other for eternity.  Aub, thanks so much for everything you do and continue to do for me.  I LOVE YOU!!!
 This is a hideous picture of me, but sadly it was the only one I could find of us!  (Aub, we need to change that haha)


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a post sis! Thank you and you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete