Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Remodel

So...Tanner and I decided we were sick of clutter, and wanted something that "Tanner and Maddie wanted."  It was kind of fun.  We were blessed with a tender mercy recently, we found an abundance of money we didn't know we had, so we decided to use it to do something we both wanted: a remodeled apartment.  I've been so excited to decorate my apartment the way I want it. hahaha.  With a color scheme, and my own arts and crafts.  Anyway, so one saturday we went to Idaho Falls and went on a big shopping spree!! We got a table, a cough cover, pillows, 2 adorable lamps, a ottoman, a tv mount, and little odds and ends.  It was so fun to put the house together with my hubs.  We had a lot of fun.  It was fun to just spend the day together, laugh together, spend money hahaha, and just spend quality time together.  I took some pics of Tan in his work mode.  Something I love about Tanner is how hard of a worker he is.  He has been so determined to buy his own tools and drills etc, and this is why.  He loves doing things for me and making me happy.  Not only was I excited, but he was just as excited with his toolbelt hahaha.  I love him.

                         He was measuring the wall to get our tv mount just perfect hahaha :)
                                              He thinks he's pretty cool with all his tools :)

.I wish I had a before and after picture, but I forgot to take pictures of what it looked like before.  Oh well!  Here is the finished Stevens apartment:

 We got this adorable table for a exceptional price.  I just love it.  Now we can actually eat on a table and not the ground! haha.
 Our tv mount is hilarious.  We can pull the tv out like 4 feet, and its so funny.  It will be like in the middle of the living room by the time we pull it out all the way...haha.
 I just love how it all looks.  there's no more clutter, and we love it.  We are so grateful for the extra money we had to be able to do all of this!!!

This is my favorite part:  I just finished this a couple days ago.   I found the idea on pinterest and we both loved it.  So I decided to make my own!!

The one on pinterest looks a little different then mine, but I love mine more hahaha.  It's a key ring holder!! I love the his and hers idea. Anyway, we love it!!  All I did was painted a board, (That tanner made for me) sand it to make it look antique-like, I found the hooks at target, and I found the letters at porters.  I painted the letters red, glued them on, and bam.  DONE!!! Anyway, I kinda like it.  I'm likin the idea of making my own decor :)

There's one more thing that keep forgetting to put on here.  My hubby is very talented when it comes to building things.  For  a wedding present to me, he decided to make our bed.  Not buy it.....MAKE IT!!! He spent so many hours doing it. He cut down his own trees, and literally made this bed from scratch.  It was probably the best present ever, because he made it with his bare hands, all by himself.  He is so talented, and I keep telling him that he should start a wood building business someday.  He said that this bed is probably worth thousands of dollars.  Anywho, I just love it, and I'm so impressed with Tanner's skills too! Love you sugar.

2 comments:

  1. super cute!!! i just love your table! where did you get it?! when me and Josh move out, i want a table so badly and have no clue where to look, except DI. Where'd you get it?

    ReplyDelete