Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 1, 2015

A letter to my Gracie Girl

I wrote this letter on mothers day I just never got around to posting it!! A letter to my sweet little Gracie Girl :)

Dear baby girl,

I have been overwhelmed today on my first mothers day with you.  The past month has been the BEST month of my life.  People always told me how amazing being a mom was, but I never truly understood what they meant until you came into my life.  The past month I've looked through pictures of you from when you were born up until now.  I feel SO blessed and grateful to you for choosing to come down to earth, and trusting me to be your mom.  That relays such a powerful emotion inside of me. Your dad and I had been waiting for you, and praying for you every single day for the pat 3.5 years.  We couldn't WAIT to hold you, and to see your beautiful face, and to get to know you.  That time came, and at THE MOST perfect time.  God works in mysterious ways.  He knew that we needed you at this time in our life, and we are so grateful for you!! Time is going by SO fast. I wish time could stop, but it can't.  It's been so much fun to see you change the past month. You are growing like a weed, and are getting cuter and cuter everyday! People can't decide if you like more like me or your dad. it's fun :) I guess you are just a good mix of both of us :)

Gracie girl, you truly are the greatest blessing I could ever ask for. Even when you peed on me on my  first mothers day :) And even when you keep me up at nights, or cry nonstop because you want to be held, these moments I cherish with you. Because before I know it you are going to be a teenager! I'm struggling getting my emotions out, because there are so many.  

I just want you to know that you truly are a miracle. Your dad and I had been waiting your arrival for so long.  Now that you are finally here, it is so surreal. I want you to know that your dad and I love you more than you will ever know. Being a mom is such a blessing, and I love every waking moment I get with you. I love staying at home with you every day, and just staring at you and your precious face.  You are a precious daughter of God, and I thank him everyday for sending you to me.

I hope that as you grow up you will know that me, your dad, your older brother, and your Heavenly Father love you so much.  You truly are an angel sent straight from Heaven. I envy you that you got to see and talk to your Father in Heaven just one short month ago.  I can't wait to be able to do that someday :)

The long 3 year wait for you was really hard, but it was so worth it.  It brought your dad and I closer to each other, and closer to our Father in Heaven.  We feel so much more love towards you, and count our blessings every day.

You have the cutest little features, and I can already tell you have such a sweet little personality.  Your spirit shines through, and ever since you were born I could see and feel the light you brought with you. You are such a sweetheart, and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.  The Lord knew that I needed you in my life, and I will be forever grateful for Him.  You are our little miracle, and the biggest blessing of my life. I can't wait to watch you grow up and see your personality shine through :)

Stay sweet Gracie girl! I love you!!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Maddie. She will love reading this someday!

    ReplyDelete