Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sometimes life throws us curveballs

One of my lasts posts was about our new pickup and how we FINALLY found the one that we've been searching for for a long time.
Well, Tanner got a job offer in Brigham City to redo a hotel down there.  We were both hesitant about it at first because we've wanted to keep our business local, but we could've used the money at the time. Tan was scheduled to be down there for 10 days, and was really excited about it. He and our employee headed down there at 5:30 am.  When Tanner woke me up to tell me he was leaving and he loved me, I just didn't have a really good feeling about him going. I kept telling him that, but I was bawling at the same time and so I thought it was just my pregnancy hormones, and me not liking to be alone.
Well, the morning after they left, I get a call at 9:30 in the morning from my panicked husband.  I did not like the sound in his voice. He was crying and was very upset. He began to tell me that someone just ran into him, and the trailer and the truck were both crushed, and lots of his tools were scattered in the intersection....

.....as a pregnant, emotional wife that wasn't the most comforting thing I wanted to hear.

He was stopped at a red stop light in Brigham City (15 minutes away from the hotel), and someone ran into the back of the trailer going about 50 mph. Tanner said that the guy was a real jerk. Tanner asked him if he was texting while he was driving and the guy said, "I dunno dude, I guess I just spaced it for a sec."

That surely didn't help the situation at all. The police showed up and Tanner said this was one of the most frustrating parts of it all. Tanner asked the police if they could check his phone to see if he was texting, or to give him a drug test, or SOMETHING to find out what on earth the guy was doing that caused him to just 'space it for a sec.' The police told Tanner that they legally couldn't perform a drug test or look at his phone. And they wouldn't tell Tanner why.

So there Tanner is, looking at his crushed trailer and pickup, and expensive ruined tools scattered in the intersection- left with no answers as to what the guy was doing. The police gave the guy a citation for 'inattentive driving,' and the guy was off. just like that. pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

This is the picture Tanner sent me. The worst part about it all was that the guy that hit Tanner was driving a tiny cadillac car...and it did ALL this damage.


But anyway, long story short, after several hours, Tanner got a rental car, and headed for home. while his whole life was just sitting at an intersection- ruined. All because of somebody else's stupid decision.

This whole thing has been a huge mess, and has made Tanner and I realize how much other people's actions effect those around them. this has been a very trying trail for us, especially Tanner. His most prized possessions are all ruined, and he did nothing wrong. I think that's what's been getting to him the most is that he was obeying the law, just stopped at a stop sign, and someone decides to do something stupid, and ruin his life.  It's been a rough week trying to figure out all the damage that's been done, and trying to work with the insurances to get our stuff back.

Our insurance thinks we committed insurance fraud on our pickup. We bought the pickup 2 weeks ago, switched insurances on it, and the same week the truck is totalled. We all know we didn't do it on purpose, but our insurance won't give us any $$ for our belongings or anything, until they clear that.  It's been over a week and we are still waiting.
our insurance also said they won't cover any medical expenses for Tanner's injuries. Even though we pulled up our insurance plan and could see that he has medical coverage, they still say they won't pay. why? no idea. frustrating? yes.

So....very frustrating but all we can do is be patient and be GRATEFUL that Tanner is still alive.  Seriously. I can't imagine losing him right now. Especially with a new baby on the way! We are lucky he is alive.  That's all I can say.

A few days after the accident, Tanner and I drove down to logan where they towed our truck and trailer to see if anything was still salvageable. This was the part that got to me more than anything. I had seen pictures of the trailer, but it was WAY worse in person.  I was overcome with emotion that my poor husband was still alive.  Look at these pictures....

We pulled up and this was all I saw....

I seriously just couldn't believe it! I was in awe the whole time. And I just kept thinking how a tiny cadillac car did all this damage. it was unbelievable.







Luckily we were able to grab some small things like extension cords, hammers, wrenches, etc. ALL of Tan's big expensive saws and stands and things were completely ruined.  Ugh man still looking at these pics it makes me sick. But so glad that my husband is alive.

The past 2 weeks or so have been pretty rough, with Tanner not being able to work, but we all know that things happen for a reason. We are just trying to figure out why this happened.

I really am SO grateful that Tanner is still alive, and only came out of the whole thing with a hurt neck and back. It could've been so worse for him.

"Tools can be replaced, but a human body can't.'  That's been my motto to Tanner the past week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment