Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2015

A positive thought

Despite all the heartache and struggles this new year has brought Tanner and I so far, I sit here with my blinds open, with the sun shining in on my face, with sunday music playing in the background, watching my dog swing his turkey around the kitchen, missing Tanner hoping he's safe, feeling my baby girl kick and twirl around, all while pondering about my Savior and his Atonement.

Why did our Father sacrifice his Son for me?

why?

I guess it's the trials I have that direct my thoughts to my Savior. I guess that is why we have them. So we can turn to our Father and receive answers, and ponder back on what our Savior did for us so that we could be happy.

It's an incredible thing really. Life isn't easy, and it gives us lemons. I've definitely had my share of lemons. And after  I make lemonade with those lemons, my thoughts are always turned to that of the Gospel, and why I am here.

I am reminded a lot that I am a daughter of God and that my Father is aware of me and my trials. He knows what Tanner and I can handle, and he will NEVER give us more than we can handle. He knows what we need in our lives, and He is always there. We just have to turn to Him.  

Despite trials that come, I sit here in GRATITUDE for what I have.

-a wonderful, hardworking husband.
-a dog that is so loyal it's unreal.
-SUNSHINE!!
-a warm house
-Kind parents that let us house sit for them while they're gone
-a healthy baby girl that kicks and does somersaults inside me all day long
-the gospel
-good friends
-FAMILY
-The priesthood.  Tanner's dad gave both Tanner and I blessings last week. What a blessing it is to have worthy priesthood holders in our lives.
-And lastly, my Savior.

Not much to my thought, but I just am grateful. Grateful that God gave me breath, and that he gives me trials when I need to turn to Him.


Happy sunday :)

1 comment:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete