Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Decisions, Decisions...

So I've never really been the greatest at making decisions.  I don't know why, but I just never have been. I'm working on that, haha. When I got married, it was a interesting realization when I realized that I no longer had "mommy and daddy" to everything for me.  Laundry, paying bills, making decisions for me, giving me advice, cooking me dinner, giving me rides, etc.  I think that it was partly my fault too that I had such a hard time with 'responsibility' when I got married.  It sounds so silly, but I have learned so much about being responsible. Responsibility means making your own decisions, and being confident and sure about them. Well, I made a big decision this week.  It took me 9 months to make the decision...BUT...I made it and I am so glad I did!!  I decided it was time to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Where I wanted to be, and what I wanted to be doing and accomplishing.  I got my associates degree from Byu-Idaho, and after that I felt like I needed to do more.  I couldn't just quit with that! Nowadays you can't get a job with an associates degree. So, after much thought, praying, searching, and learning to make my own decisions, I decided on doing...
Dun, Dun, Dun...

DENTAL ASSISTING!!

I feel really good about this decision.  And my decision-making hasn't always felt like this. It's kind of been an interesting journey.  I applied at EITC in Idaho Falls, and got put on the waiting list. One of the admissions counselors said he thought there was a good chance people would drop and I'd get in.   Well, that didn't happen and I was quite sad.  So, I looked at other options and found 2 other programs close that were 4000-$5000.  They offered no financial aid, no pell grants, no scholarships, nothin.  And in Idaho, to be an assistant you don't even have to have any formal education.  So...I found an online program.  I thought it was a little sketchy, so I took 9 stinking months and researched and found out everything I could about it.  It was super cheap, and everything was strictly online.  Well, that's the one I went with!! Woot woot!

I am so excited to start this new phase in my life.  It feels good knowing that you're working towards something that interests you and gets you excited.  Dental work has always intrigued me because my mouth has so many problems....hahaha.  So, we'll see how this goes!

I have also decided to start teaching violin lessons!! For anyone and everyone. wahoo!

It's amazing what the Lord can do when you turn to him, put your trust in him, and believe that everything will work out.

Dental Assisting here I come!

1 comment: