Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Annual Pumpkin Carving

It's become a tradition to carve pumpkins with our friends, Becca and Mitch.  We did it last year when they were engaged, and now this year when we're all married.  I've never been a huge fan of Halloween but I decided I want to do at least one festive thing for each holiday. It's more fun that way!  I found this super fun idea on pinterest to make ghosts out of milk jugs...and I just HAD to try it.  I love how they turned out!  All you do is cut a hole at the bottom of the handle to put your tea light in, then you draw your ghost face with a permanent marker, and walah.  It's a ghost....haha.  I thought it was fun and different for a change. Anyway, so I made 3 ghosts, while Tanner and Becca and Mitch carved pumpkins.  Tan made a cyclopes pumpkin HAHAHA it's hilarious. We roasted the pumpkin seeds and man were they to die for! Word of advice: melt butter and pour it over the seeds, then sprinkle with season salt. AMAZING! Last year we just used cooking spray with season salt. The butter makes a world of difference! We took pictures in the freezing 20 degree weather, and then watched Hocus Pocus.  classic.  Thanks Becca and Mitch! Happy Halloween ya'll!












p.s. this is me for halloween.

2 comments: