Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2013

I love my job

About 2 weeks ago, I started a new job working for H.A.S., a Habilitation Special Education Agency. I was very nervous at first, not going to lie.  In my interview, I was told there are 5 guys between the ages of 19 and 40.  This agency has made it very clear not to share information about them or their disabilities, just to keep it confidential. The past 2 weeks have been challenging, but I've learned a lot.  These people are so special, and they make me want to be a better person.  When I've taken them out, they are just so kind to other people. They hold the door open, they give other people compliments, and most importantly, they are always smiling.  I think that's the biggest thing for me- is that even though they are physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally impaired, they still somehow find a ray of light in their lives.  They help me to be positive every day, and help me to "think more of the positive and kick out the negative."  Yesterday one of the boys was expressing to me that he feels like everyone hates him. I reassured him that no one hates him, and that others tell me he makes them happy. One of the other boys says to the other, "You're okay, you just need to be positive.  That's what they always tell me is to think of good things, and not bad things. I know it's hard because we can't do what other people do, but we can get through it together.  Lets be positive me and you. Want to?" It was the cutest thing, and it actually made me a little teary-eyed!  If people with disabilities can be positive, then I have no excuse to be negative.

Here's some pictures:


 We were playing on the ipad making crazy faces laughing our heads off :)


                                           bowling...I got 3 strikes! yipee!!!

1 comment:

  1. YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ONE TO MAKE A GOOD SITUATION BETTER. I THINK THEY WILL LOVE YOU MADDIE AND YOU WILL LEAVE A LASTING IMPRESSION ON THEM ALL!

    ReplyDelete