Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

ARIZONA!!!!

Yes. So I took a much needed break and went to Arizona for 4 days. IT WAS SO FUN! I owe it to my sis and her hubby for everything. I think it was a nice break for both Ash and I.
So a little pre-story. I wanted to surprise Ash and go down to Arizona for her birthday. Well, we were talking on the phone and I got a LITTLE excited and blew it. I was quite annoyed. But...then we were able to plan better so I guess it was a good thing :)

I got there Sunday night on April 27. The plane ride was fun- I love flying and looking at all the puffy clouds. Sometimes I just want to jump on them. haha.
                                I mean look at these. Wouldn't they be the best trampoline ever?

Anyway- the heat when I got off the plane was the best thing ever. I was longing for that. I got to Ash and Ethan's house and it was so pretty!  They made a delicious dinner- which Ethan burnt haha but it was still yummy. This is what Ashley does when she cuts onions hahaha. I was dying.
                              A little playtime with Mr. Beau. He's the cutest little thing ever.
Ash and I went on a nice long walk in the WARM nighttime- and had a nice chat.
We created a bucket list of all the things we wanted to do- we had a ball coming up with things. I'll show the list later.

Next day, Monday, we got up early and went to the ZOO!!! It was hot. but so fun. We were there for 5 hours!!! Wyatt loved it. Here's some pics:




                                                        this noodle cracked me up. haha.
 this cheetah kept making weird noises. there were so many people around his cage that I think he got overwhelmed. he was making grunting noises. No one was really sure what was going on.

                                                          cute wyatt. I just love him.

                                                                       cutie pies.

After the zoo we came home and relaxed for a bit then went to the POOL!!! I didn't get any pics unfortunately but it was so fun. you can never go wrong with a pool in my opinion.
Later that night we went....


Drum roll please.....



SCORPION HUNTING!!! Yeah that's right. it was SO COOL! I actually loved it. Apparently their skeletons are transparent, and they are nocturnal so they only come out at night. And you can only see them if you shine a black light on them. So....we went searching on brick walls by the pool, in their backyard, anywhere. They like to sneak in and out of the cracks so once you shine the black light on them you have to hurry and smash them. haha. So we brought a hammer with us, and we found a total of 8. I enjoyed smashing them against the walls :)

 
Here's a pic of one. It was really quite interesting.
Before bed, Wyatt and I made ash a b-day card and decorated the house with fun b-day stuff.
Eth, Ash and I stayed up talking and eventually went to bed pretty late haha.

Next day, April 29! ASH's BDAY!
Wyatt, Beau and I woke up Ashley up and crawled into bed with her. Look at these adorable bed-head faces. Love them.


 

They've got the cheesiest grins. I absolutely love it.

Eth and I had the whole day planned- it was driving Ashley nuts. That's why we did it. She hates not knowing what's going on. :)

So we started off by going to Kneaders for breakfast. yummmm. Ash got a free cupcake. She wanted to see how many free things she could get on her b-day so there was #1 :)
Then Eth and I thought it would be fun to go to the arcade. because who doesn't love the arcade??  We spent quite a bit but it was totally worth it. Ash and I did this fun dancing game haha- so fun.  Here's some pics:

wyatt and i playing deal or no deal.

Oh yeah I almost forgot- so we all left the house matching so we wouldn't lose each other. Wyatt and Beau were completely matching with cut-off shirts and basketball shorts. cuteness.

After the arcade, we went to the... MALL!!!
Here's some pics:
                                                                  All of us matching :)

K these boots were the cutest things ever! and we found out that a 92 year old man hand makes them.



We walked through rainforest cafe. Wyatt was in heaven! K we stumbled upon this creepy tree lady. who talked. hahahahaha.



                                                     Wyatt lovin his massive frog hat.

One of the reasons I wanted to go to AZ was to convince/make Ashley get her ears pierced. haha. she's always wanted to do it but couldn't the guts up to do it. So...that was my b-day gift to her was pierced ears. I told her I had a surprise for her, we walked into Claire's and her face just dropped. Eth and I weren't about to let her leave without getting them pierced! no way. She kept chickening out- until she found a pair of earrings that caught her eye- then she was hooked.
Here's some pics: she was pretty nervous it was cracking me up.

So this was her while the lady was prepping to pierce them.
I thought she was going to have a heart-attack. Ethan and I were dying of laughter.

But she did it....and she loved it. Check out this sweet video. copy and paste the link to watch it. It's worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154109287035527&l=3815181999229995151

I'm glad we convinced her to do it. I think she's glad too whatdya think?
                                                             Look at those beauties in her ears.



We went into a Disney store and these cute ladies gave Ashley the birthday crown and a happy birthday pin. Oh yeah they also sang to her! It was priceless.

We kept walking around the mall and Ash and I bought sunglasses, and some other random birthday things.

For din-din we took her to.....OLIVE GARDEN!!! yum. it was divine.
Look at this cuteness.


We went home and were all exhausted. But...of course we stayed up again talking :)
It was a good day.

Next day, the 30th, we meant to get up early but we were so exhausted we alll slept in. including the kiddos haha. Ash and I went to a temple session in the newly dedicated Gilbert temple!
Very pretty. I loved all the palm trees around the temple.

Then we came home and went to the pool again. This is the only pic i got. I think Beau was freezing. Wyatt and I enjoyed playing catch with a mini volleyball.

Wyatt had preschool so we picked him up after it was done and went on a bikeride/roller blade ride. Ash was on roller blades and me and Wyatt on bikes. Wyatt took me to the park to show me all the BB guns he collects. Apparently you can find several BB's in the sand at the playground. I didn't get a pic but Wyatt had 2 baby jars full of them!

For dinner we went to RED ROBIN!
 Wyatt is so hilarious. The whole time I was there he did the funniest things! He's definitely his mothers child.

                                                              Cute pic of eth and wyatt.

Man I got spoiled going out to dinner like every night!
We visited Ethan's grandma nana, and talked with her for quite a while. Eth showed me around the house he grew up in- we visited with his brother and grandma for a while- nice people.

So since it was my last night there....we attempted staying up. Ash and I eventually fell asleep on the floor- and eth went to bed. Pretty sure we fell asleep while we were all talking. we were exhausted! Had too much fun :)

Thurs morning we slept in a bit and I got to play with my cute little beau beau. I couldn't get enough of his cheesy smiles!




Wyatt had a field trip for his preschool class. GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE! We all had to wear hats so we wouldn't get germs in any of the food. They even made Beau wear a hair net..it was hilarious.
Everyone in Wyatt's class had to wear a hat- wyatt's was the best by far.

                                                      hahaha look at his goofy pose.


I love him to pieces.

We marked on our bucket list everything that we did. I was surprised with how many things we did in just 4 short days!
We'll have to check off the rest next time I go down there :)

To sum up the trip, I made this collage to sum up my loves. Cheesy nephews, a awesome sister, a rad brother in law, and the temple. Nothing is better than family, laughs, and the gospel. I had SUCH a great trip- and can't wait to go down there again! Thanks Eth and Ash!
                           
Ash and I were joking about selfie's and how ridiculous they are- so of course I had to take one on the plane and send it to her.

Funny story to end: I sat in the wrong seat on the plane ride home. Yeah- not sure how that happened but I screwed up like 3 people's seats! hahaha.

See ya Arizona- till next time :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Maddie! Why did you leave so sooooooooon? I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed your visit and I love you dearly for making the effort to come here. I enjoyed EVERY SECOND I had with you. This was a great write up you have and it made me want to get back into blogging. I miss it so much. Thanks for doing this and for sharing my birthday with me! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete