Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 1, 2013

One of the joys of Christmas

I love crafting.  My dream someday would be to open up my own shop with crafts I've made.  We'll see if that ever happens :)  I saw these cute gems at porters and i fell in love.  They were super easy and were a total of $20.

SCORE!
The best part about them is the strobelight lights at the bottom of the tallest one :) I love christmas- it is so fun to decorate!!!

So...how do you make them?
1. Buy or make 3 cones out of cardboard
2. buy the colors of yarn you want.
3. get any cute decorations you want for the trees (stars, boa, garland)
4. either a hot glue gun, E3000, or glue dots.  I actually used all 3 haha

*put hot glue, E3000, or glue dots on the entire cone, or in parts if you want.  I started from the top to the bottom.  Wrap your chosen color of yarn however you want. the trick here is to sort of pull the yarn and twist while you set it in place so that you don't find holes later.
*Leave space at the bottom if you like the Boa idea, and put a whole circle of got glue to keep them in place.
*After you've wrapped them all, it's time to decorate! (like a tree!) haha. I've always enjoyed the light up necklaces, so I wrapped one of those on the bottom of the red white and green one, then on the red one I just found a cute beaded garland, and the green one I left plain.
*Last step, glue on the stars! And you're done! So cute.  I currenty have them sitting on the backdrop where our oven is.

This took me a total of 1.5 hours! not bad!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment