Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 21, 2013

First homemade pie

So I found this recipe online and it looked DIVINE so I decided to try it.  I was feeling a bit domestic when I got home from church.  Here's the recipe:

Granny's Cocoa Cream Pie

1/2 C. cocoa
1/4 C. cornstarch
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 C. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 C. milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix cocoa, cornstarch, beaten egg yolks; sugar and salt, ten add milk gradually, while stirring in a pot over med-high heat.  Cook until thick, beating it smooth.  Cream pies take some time to thicken so stir...and stir (10-15 min). Using a heavy bottom pan really helps.  Keep stirring until it's super thick.  Pour into a pre-baked pie shell.  Put in the fidge to chill, add whipped topping....YUM!

Here's the finished product:

I also found a delicious pie crust recipe.  Here it is:

All Butter Crust for Sweet and Savory Pies

2 1/2 C. Flour
1 C. unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1. tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
6 to 8 Tb. ice water
*This crust recipe makes 2 crusts so I just froze the other one.



1 comment:

  1. You passed me up on the domestic chart a long time ago. Way to go Miss Maddle-Faddle!

    ReplyDelete