Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A month for Gratitude

Well, this morning I find myself being very grateful.  Grateful for trials. No trial is easy, but we all have them.  God doesn't give a person a trial that he knows they can't handle.  That's a really comforting saying for me. One that I've latched onto for quite a while. This morning as I was struggling to find comfort, I stumbled across a couple blogs. One was about a couple that's been struggling with infertility for 3 years, and their long and hard journey with that.  Another was a family friends daughter's blog. They lost their baby girl after she was a few days old due to many complications.  It was very comforting reading these blogs.  It made me so GRATEFUL for what I DO have right now. I have found that positive thinking trumps negative thinking.  So here are some things I have to be grateful for.

1.  I have an awesome husband, who never ceases to make me laugh. He is the hardest worker I know, and he never ceases to amaze me with his weirdness. haha.
2. I have wonderful parents who love and care for Tanner and I. They are such amazing people, I love them.
3. I have loving in-laws who never cease to amaze me.  They care for and love everyone around them, and it strengthens me. They raised just the son that I wanted to spend forever with.
4. I'm grateful for the job that I have.  A relaxed job that helps me de-stress and ponder about life.
5. I'm grateful for my schooling.  Online dental assisting is a bit difficult, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm excited to help people with their teeth!
6. I'm grateful for family. For the knowledge that I have that Families can be together forever.  So comforting.
7. I'm grateful for the gospel. Grateful that I can turn to my Father whenever I need him.
8. I'm grateful for life.  Grateful for my mom, who basically gave up her entire self to get me here.  Life is such a sacred and special thing.
9. I'm grateful for modern day medicine.  Without it, Tan and I would probably have no chance of having kids.
10.  I'm grateful for my husband.  Yes, I know he's on here twice, but he deserves it.  He is my everything, and I don't know what I'd do without him. He never complains, even when he has to work 8-9 hours in the freezing cold 5 days a week.  He knows when and how to comfort me. He's such a goof ball, and I'm grateful for that.  It makes our marriage more fun.  I'm grateful for him, for being married to such an emotional me.

If we didn't have trials, how would we become stronger?
This church is true, and I'm grateful for everything I have.

I just got to thinking, the gospel is a powerful thing.  I don't know how on earth I'd get through my trials if I didn't have the gospel to turn to.  What a blessing.

-Maddie

I love this.

4 comments:

  1. Maddie- I just want to let you know that I love to read what you have to say! You help me remember the things I sometimes forget are the most important! Thank you!
    - Mikaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are cool...that's all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your positive thought patterns.

    ReplyDelete