Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

when life gives you lemons...drink 4 liters of lemonade.

So these past couple months have been kind of challenging, frustrating, annoying, and kind of inconvenient for Tanner and I.  October of 2010 I had my gallbladder removed because I had constant stomach aches, diarrhea, and food never settled well with me.  I went to the doctor and they found that my gallbladder was only functioning 10% out of 100%. So...they removed it as soon as possible.  That was a hefty procedure, and I was on the couch for like a week watching movies every day. Anyway, while tanner and I were dating, engaged, and now married, I've had nasty stomach issues.  Every food I eat would make me sick and leave me on the toilet.  After about a couple months of being married, my stomach changed from mild stomach aches to sharp pains, nausea, and other things.  Tanner and I did an experiment to try and figure out which foods it was exactly that were making me sick.  We narrowed it down to gluten.  Every time I would eat bread, crackers, cookies, oreos, and some other things, it would make me sick instantly.  So...we set a doctors appointment and scheduled a colonoscopy for tomorrow actually.   Today is Sunday, and I've just been doing the "prep" part of the procedure.  Let me tell you what....most miserable process ever. 


Do you see this?? The massive container on the left is 4 liters of liquid that I had to drink in 4 hours today.  it's bigger than a gallon of milk!!!!!  And not to make this even more dramatic but...that was the most disgusting thing I have ever had to drink.  It tasted like lemon flavored syrup.  It was so thick, and not appealing at all.  Glad that's over with. I'm grateful for my wonderful hubby that has willingly been bossed around by me today :) Sure love him!

 Tanner thought it was funny to watch me drink this. goober.  Well, today's heck is almost over, lets see what tomorrow brings.





2 comments:

  1. oh maddie!! My husband just did this for the second time last week! prep is not fun AT ALL! im sorry! just know that the worst is over and that tomorrow's procedure is a piece of cake! best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete