Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 25, 2015

RIP Seth Potter!

On December 16, 2014 one of my all time favorite people passed away. Seth has always been a good family friend, and an even closer friend to me.  When I went to Europe with my dad, Seth and his brother Joe and I got really close, and hung out the whole time. Their laughs I beg to say are what got me laughing as hard and as loud as I do.

There's just something about Seth Potter that just brightens the room. I wish I could post a video on here of his laugh, but Blogger won't let me :(      Well most of you know my laugh- just imagine that times 10. Really. You couldn't NOT laugh when you were around him.  He had a way of making everyone feel loved, and like you were his best friend. Definitely a quality I want to have.

I could go on and on about how special of a person Seth was, but I won't. or I'll bawl.
He got in a motorcycle accident on the highway, and it wasn't looking good. He suffered severe brain trauma, and was in a coma for I think 8 days? The doctors wouldn't allow anyone to go in the room to see him, because it was that bad.

I felt very strongly that I should go to his funeral.  It was in Wyoming, and was a 6 hour drive. Tanner was so supportive and came with me. We made a fun road trip out of it :)  It was so good to see his family, and to just give them the biggest hug that I could. Even though things were so sensitive and tragic, they were still laughing their heads off through the line :)

It was very interesting to see Seth in his coffin.  It didn't look like him at all, and he was just lifeless.  They put so much make-up on him that he looked like a totally different person.  They had him dressed in his temple clothes, and he looked so peaceful.

Seth Potter-such a wonderful person. I'm sure God has things in store for him up in Heaven- probably to laugh and touch more people's lives on the other side :)
I will miss you Seth!!! Thanks for the memories you and I made together, and for touching SO many people's lives. You are loved!!


                                                                  Love you my friend!

1 comment:

  1. It is rare to see the impact that one person can have on so many. He will be sorely missed by so many. When I hear you I will think of him.....sometimes!

    ReplyDelete