Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 14, 2013

Meet Our Cute Little Bugsy

So...Tanner surprised me with a 5 week old bunny on June 3. I had no idea. I had been begging him for a puppy since the day we got married....so I got a bunny instead? haha. At first I was very skeptical.  We live in a tiny tiny apartment, bunnies usually live outside, I had no room for a bunny in my house, they stink really bad, and I knew that I would be the one to take care of it.

Here's the story:

So on June 3 Tanners grandparents picked me up to take me to Ashton, because tanner was out there building a table. Anyway, I get in the car and grandma says, "Maddie, come look in our car!"  And she was laughing hysterically.  I was so confused, but I was told I would be getting a "surprise" that day. So I get in the car and there's this puppy cage...I WAS SO EXCITED! My heart started pounding...I honestly thought it was a little puppy :) But uh, nope. It was no puppy. I looked inside it, and there was a puff ball, just staring at me.  It looked miserable, and I was very confused. A bunny? Why a bunny? hahahahaha. I laughed the whole way home thinking, "Is this mine? Am I going to have to take care of this thing?  What on earth is my husband thinking?!" Lots of questions went through my mind.  So, after I stared at its big bunny eyes begging for me to take it out, I took it out.  And it peed on me.  And pooped on me.  And its paws were covered in pee.  It was so gross!  I held that thing for 40 minutes until we got home, and I brought it to tanner and said, "So...what's this?"  And he laughed, and here we began our journey of being pet owners.

He had everything in the trunk of our car, and I realized that this was serious, this thing was coming home with us.  I gave the poor thing a bath because I was so disgusted that she was covered in crap.  She did not like that, and scratched and bit me like I didn't think 5 week old bunnies could do. It was awful.  Tanner's whole family was laughing at me for the next 3 hours, wondering how on earth I was going to survive with this animal..haha.  It was quite the day. We named her bugsy because..well no reason, we just thought it was cute like bugs bunny.  I was called, "Bugsy's mother for 4 hours." hahaha.

Tanner and I have decided we really like to be spontaneous.  We like to just drop what we're doing, and go do something fun.  We like to have a pet rabbit because it's unique and who does that...haha.  We like to buy cars, and then sell them just for the fun of it.  We like to plan a weekend, and then last minute change our plans to something completely different.  We like being different, and it makes life so fun! I am so grateful for Tanner, for this very reason.  I've always been a planner, I like to have my days and weeks planned out.  But when Tanner and I got married, he's taught me to just live in the moment instead of being so uptight about everything.  It's helped me relax, and it is so much more fun than worrying about how spotless my house is that day.

Anyway, the past 11 days with Bugsy have been pure joy, laughter, and adventure. We love just getting her out of her cage and watching her hop around our house.  She loves to be held, and is just the cutest little thing. She's not so cute when she leaves little presents around the house, but that's what a vacuum is for :)   She's just so funny.  I can't believe that we have this little tiny 5 week old bunny rabbit that just chews and poops everywhere.  What a great way to prepare for motherhood.

When I had a miscarriage in March, it was a huge wake up call for me. I had a hard time accepting the fact that the little life that was growing inside me was just gone.  It's life was no longer there, and it wasn't coming back. Bugsy has kind of been my comfort, and having her has taught me that children and animals are very similar. They poop, they pee, they like to be cuddled, they play around the house chewing anything and everything, and they take work.  Children are hard work, and I feel like everything that is going on in my life right now is preparing me for children, and that they are hard work. It sounds so silly...but it is so true.  I am grateful for bugsy..haha.

I'm also very grateful for the many blessings I have in my life right now.  I have everything I need, and more. The Atonement is so real, and without it I don't know where I'd be!

 Here are some pictures of our cute little furry animal.






We like her. lots. she's fun.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. I need to come visit you and that adorable rabbit.

    ReplyDelete