Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

God is here for us all

Today is Halloween....happy halloween! I've never really been a fan of halloween.  Anyway, today my heart is full.  As I was reading in my scriptures this morning, I came to a great appreciation of trials.  I have had many trials in my life, and continue to have trials each and every day.  They are never easy.... ever.  And sometimes it seems that giving up is the best option.  Today I realized that it's not, however. Giving up is a horrible option, and one that Satan puts into our minds.  Satan is real- and he is trying to attack the family. Quite honestly and frankly- I hate satan.  Saying that makes me really happy. hahahaha.  He is so dumb, and I wish he would just go away.

As I was reading an article for class today, I came across these 2 quotes.
"Thought is the Father of an act."  
This really hit me hard today- it was just exactly what I needed to hear.  Our thoughts really do control our acts, and it is up to us to control our thoughts, and to act accordingly.  In this world, there are so many temptations and so many false facts that influence our decisions, and our thoughts.  I have realized that I am in control of my life, not Satan.  Satan is only trying to make me miserable, so that he can be happy. And it is never going to work- and today I realized that.
"Always pray for the power to resist temptation."
This also struck me hard because I realized that God is always there.  He is just waiting for his children to turn to Him, and to ask Him for help.  He knows what we are all going through- and he is there to help us all.
I know that God is there for all of us, and He is just constantly waiting for us to turn to Him, and to converse with Him. He made many things clear to me today, and I am so grateful for that.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Miss Maddie, for your sweet testimony. I needed it very badly today. I was on the verge of giving up.... Your beautifully written words reminded me why I can't. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete