Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 26, 2012

counting my many blessings

My heart is just so full right now.  I'm not sure why, but I am just so.....grateful.  I know that all my posts lately have been all like the same, with tender mercies, to being grateful, to being blessed, and now to counting my many blessings. All week my hubby has been gone on a 50 mile hike with his dad.  I'm not gonna lie, it's been hard for me. It's been hard to be in our apartment alone, and to not have my best friend here to laugh and joke with me.  This is the first time in 15 months that Tanner and I have been apart for more then a day.  And I miss him like crazy.  Looking back on this week, I have really just seen the Lord in my life.  God amazes me...he truly does.  He knows exactly what He's doing, and He knows exactly what I need, and when I need it.  Tanner and I have grown so close together these past few months, and it has really strengthened our love for each other, and our love for our Savior. Marriage is such a blessing, and I can see why it is so important to be sealed in the temple with your eternal companion.  It truly is such a blessing, one that we can't ever take for granted.
I feel like this hike was truly needed at this time in mine and tanners lives, because I have been able to spend some quality time with some women that I love.  I was able to spend some quality time with my mom, one of my best friends, becca willmore, and her mom.  I was able to spend a day with 2 of my sister in laws and just talk and get our nails done, and get to know each other better.  I was able to talk with another one of my best friends about the beauty of life and trials.   And last but not least, I was able to spend some time with my Savior.  I have come closer to Him this week, in ways that I didn't even think were possible. I just can't express how grateful I am for a loving husband, 2  loving families, friends, and a loving Savior. Let us all be grateful for the things that we do have, and not rely on the things that we don't have.


No comments:

Post a Comment