Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 15, 2016

A letter to my girl

Dear Gracie,
You are 9 months old. I am writing this to you today because I want you to have these letters when you're older and read back on them! I also want to be able to read back on them and ponder what I went through raising you :) hehe

You are such a little miracle. I hope you know that. Your dad and I prayed for you for 3 years! Your older brother came down and taught us many lessons about patience, love, prayer, listening to God's timing, and more.

I have been amazed watching you over the last 9 months. You went from breastfeeding, to bottle feeding, to rolling over, to learning to stand up on your own, and now wanting to walk! it is insane.
People always told me how fast it would go by but i never understood until now! It has flown by like a blink of an eye.

Some days I really wish that you were still little and cuddly and a newborn, but most days i am grateful to see you be so healthy and active, and want to explore your world! you definitely love exploring and get bored of your toys really fast haha. I REALLY enjoy my days home with you. I go to work 2 half days a week to help support our family. I hate leaving you to go to work, but i absolutely LOVE coming home and seeing a big smile on your face when you see me! it melts my heart!

Our days include: baby signing time, poopy diapers, bath time, laughing at your dog, putting dog bones in your mouth, putting starsky food in your mouth 10x a day, touching my nails, dancing, falling over, trying to stand up on your own and falling, hitting your head, playing with toys, pulling starsky's tail and putting it in your mouth, crawling everywhere, eating like a champ, touching mommy's face, being attached to your dad, and so much more!! we have a lot of fun at home with each other! you have 2 teeth and they are so adorable.

Lately you've hit a sleep regression. you got really sick the last week and half and it was so heartbreaking for your dad and I! it made us appreciate you even more when you're healthy and happy :) you have always been a happy girl with a bubbly personality.  Being up with you multiple times a night and seeing you be so miserable broke my momma strings.  Being a mom isn't the easiest thing in the world. you weren't born with a manual that told me what to do for you in every situation. You rely on me for everything. It is up to me to help my girl be happy and strong and grow up to be successful!  You've never been a cuddle bug but I really enjoyed your snuggles when you were sick.  You had a hideous yeast infection, and woke up to throw up all over yourself every night for 4 nights!! it really was so sad, and i hated to see you like that. that was a long week.... :)

Now you are all better, but you don't like sleeping the past week! ever since you were 2 months old you slept through the night. your dad and I have always joked that "our girl just needs her beauty sleep!" people told us we were spoiled and didn't know the meaning of being  a mom and dad because of your sleeping habits. lol. we thoroughly enjoyed it to say the least.

I guess at 9 months babies can hit a sleep regression- pretty sure you're in that stage right now :) you fight your nap times so much and it's sad because i know you're tired! I can see it in your eyes.  At night, (and I think being sick is the reason for this,) you roll over so many times and you sit up, then roll over, then cry, it's like you can't get comfortable.  The Dr. said this is normal though because you are discovering your world! a lot of times you just need me to go in there and comfort you and you'll go back to sleep.  We are working on getting you back to sleeping through the night and taking naps throughout the day. I want my happy gracie back!! :)

Ever since I was a little girl, I always knew i wanted to be a mom.  I loved babysitting, and i LOVED holding babies. of course once they started to cry i would hand them over to their mom. haha! you are my dream come true- and I feel blessed beyond I can say, to have you and raise you. I don't know how it all works in the pre-existence but I would like to think that you chose me to be your mom. I like to think that you and Tuff thought your dad and I would be fun parents and would teach you right from wrong.  That is my goal with you is to be a FUN MOM and do fun things with you!! And I also want you to be able to choose right from wrong and make good choices in your life!

Life is hard. it's busy. you'll have heartbreaks. you'll be stressed. you'll have to make really important decisions in your life. But one things is for certain- and that is that YOU my dear...YOU are the BEST decision I've made in my life so far.  You are so much fun.  Your smile cracks  me and your dad up. you have a DEEP laugh just like mine that is sooooo stinking cute. you are a very determined little girl. You are curious. You are smart. You are adorable. and you are my favorite thing in the whole world!!! (you and your dad)

Even when you are a stinker and suck on starsky's tail, or dump out all my lids onto the floor, or won't sleep.....you are so worth it.  You are my pride and joy and I hope you know that I am doing my best!! I am not perfect but I'm sure trying to be a good mom for you!
Gracie goo- I love you!! I wish you'd stop growing up and being a big girl on me.

I can hear you waking up from your nap so it's time to play!!

Love,
Mom


these pictures crack me up. NO i do not really put massive bows like this on your head. your dad and i got a kick out of it though. and you? I don't think you liked it hahaha

 This was at your 9 month check up! so funny. your facial expressions.  19 lbs! your head is still large, and you're still cute!



 And this is my favorite pic of us. look at your eyes!! and that binky- you love it way too much.
                                              LOVE YOU BABY GIRL!!!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful letter Maddie. She will love reading it someday!

    ReplyDelete