Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I'm 1 week old!

1 week old!


- I weigh 6 lbs 3 oz and I am 19 1/4 inches long
-I am a champ at sleeping through the night. 
-Mommy & Daddy are obsessed with me!


Just some fun stats about her the past week. It's true- she really is a champ at sleeping through the night- I can't complain! And so far she is a very calm and chill baby. I've never heard her scream or cry really loud yet.  She makes the cutest noises while she's eating. 
She is still in preemie and newborn clothes.
We are crossing our fingers she stays as calm and chill as she has been! 
We love her.


This past week my sweet sister came and spent 4.5 days with me!! She was such a huge help- I can't thank her enough. She had quite the journey getting here.  Her daughter Saige threw up on the plane because the turbulence was so bad, they closed down the SLC airport because of the weather, she had to get a rental car in boise and locked the keys in the car.  I told her that it will make her arrival that much sweeter when she gets here :)

They finally made it on Wednesday afternoon.  She was such a HUGE help to me while she was here. She helped a lot with breastfeeding, she cleaned basically my entire house, introduced me to norwex rags and how amazing they are, cooked tanner and I some amazing meals, helped me a ton with gracie and knowing what to do, we enjoyed several hours outside on the porch, we had some really nice chats, I jamberry'd her nails, she made us some delicious cookies, she wiped down all of mom's cupboards, and she planted me some adorable flowers before she left.

Aubrey is an amazing person and such a good example to me. Thanks so much for coming aub!!
Here's some pics of our week:



 My first walk with gracie!






 Gracie's first Dr's appointment!




 Saige just LOVED starksy. It was so cute. They played together all week long.




 I was feeding Gracie and I look over and Aubrey is on the counter. lol.






The pretty flowers aubrey left me with :) Just a little ray of sunshine!!

Thanks again- we love you aub!


I've taken like a billion pictures of Gracie but here's some of my fave of her first week:




























Starsky has been really cute with Gracie. At first he was literally depressed. His whole demeanor changed, he didn't want to play, he'd like sulk all day. It was sad!! and plus we hit him a lot the first few days so that he would learn he couldn't jump on her or lick her face, etc.  But now he's really sweet with her. He will sit by her, never on her.  He's super protective. Whenever someone is holding her he has to be up by her. IT's cute.  It's sad but I think all the hitting helped. We hope it stays this way and they grow up to love each other :)

And as for me- recovery is going good.  The first week home was rough just because I couldn't get around the house like normal, and I was in a lot of pain. Tanner and his mom had to do a lot of things for me, and I could hardly hold Gracie or do anything. It was sad.  But now I'm doing better! I'm still on pain meds, but I can get around the house now and pretty much do everything independently.  They say recovery time is 6 weeks, and I can't go up and down stairs.  I also can't lift anything heavier than gracie and her carseat.  The incision is right at my pant line, so I either have to hike my pants up, or low ride like a gangsta :)  I'm really just glad that she's here safe and healthy. I don't care how it was that she got here, as long as she got here safe and sound. and she did, and I couldn't be more grateful!

Honestly, I couldn't ask for a better baby so far.  Tanner and my sister say that's it's because I had such a hard time getting her here- that now she's my perfect little baby. I'd have to agree with that. 
I LOVE you little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment