Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 30, 2012

oh school. and my hubby.

So....school started for Tanner and I at BYU-Idaho about a week and a half ago.  We are both taking 14 credits, and we are definitely off to a new start!  As a poor couple, we have found it hard to have a pretty hefty work load as well as being in school.  I work at florences, and he works at albertsons.  We both work about 3 nights a week, and it's hard, but we know we have to do it.  I always get frustrated because it's time that I wish I had to do my homework!  But then I always think to myself, "There are so many married couples that are in the same boat as we are." So I don't complain.  It's hard, but i just tell myself that at least we're not alone.  Anyway, lately I just have realized that there's more to life then thinking about all the bad things that are going on, and how busy we are.  Tanner and I have so much fun together.  Whether it be burning a dinner together, eating klindike bars at 11 pm, working out together, watching a movie while eating popcorn, there are so many GOOD things that happen in our lives.  School has always been hard for me, but I'm learning to just hang in there and not give up. There are people out there that are taking 18 credits and are hanging on for dear life.  But they never give up.  Sometimes it's hard trying to make the good things in our lives overpower the bad things in our lives.  I can't complain though.  I have such a wonderful husband, who treats me so well, and helps me realize how I can be better. 

Yesterday was kind of a rough day for me.  I've just been overwhelmed with school, and work, and being a wife, and everything life has to offer.  Tanner woke up sick yesterday so he left church, and I stayed for all 3 meetings.  Anyway, I kept thinking about how messy the house was, and how I can't concentrate when the house isn't clean.  I was dreading going home and having to clean the whole house.  Well, I walked in the door and Tanner was asleep on the couch. (well, he was faking haha)  But the house was spic and span.  The shoes were all put away in the closet.  The kitchen was free of all dishes.  The pillows were all placed on the couch so perfectly, everything was spectacular. I couldn't help but cry, and think of how wonderful being married is.  You learn so much from each other, and it really is a strengthening process.  I gave tanner a massive hug, and I was just so grateful to have him in my life.  At times when life gets hard, we just can't give up.  Because there are people out there that care about us, including our Heavenly Father.  I love my hubby so stinking much, and I don't know what I do without him.

1 comment:

  1. If it's any consolation....I have had days like those also! But now that you are all out of the house and raised and playing house and stuff and things and things and stuff...I can hardly remember those days anymore. They come and they go. We all have that power and ability to choose how each event in our lives will affect our day, our week and our lives. I'm proud of both of you and love your stinkin' guts!

    ReplyDelete