Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Janice Kapp Perry

Yesterday Tanner and I went to his parents house in Ashton to eat dinner with them and spend some time with them.  We like to take turns going to each of our parents house so we can catch up with them week after week.  It's fun! Ya know, sometimes it's hard but I've decided that I feel very blessed to have my other family just 4o minutes away.  I learn new things from them every week, and I just love every single one of them.  Well, my mother in law and my 2 sister in laws were all dressed up to go to Janice Kapp Perry's fireside.  Tanner and I came dressed in sloppy clothes, so I was kinda mad i didn't have any sunday clothes!! Well, my sister in law Aubree lent me some clothes, and my other sister in law Whitney convinced me to go with them.  Tanner and Kevin stayed at home and had some "manly bonding time." hahaha.

  Anyway, the fireside was incredible. Sis. Perry is such an inspiring woman to me.  She's written many a songs in the Primary Songbook, and she also wrote the EFY medley.  When I went to EFY, the last day we sang the EFY medley with all the men and women there.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  I just bawled and bawled thinking how blessed I am to have the gospel in my life.  I remember how I just couldn't stop crying and I didn't know why.  Until finally I realized that was my Saviors way of communicating to me through music.  Music has always held a special place in my heart.  Ever since I was 6 years old,  my parents emphasized the importance of music.  And boy am I ever grateful to them for that.  While I was sitting at this fireside with my wonderful sisters and mother in law, Sis. Perry had the whole congregation sing some songs she wrote with her.  It was really powerful.  I felt the spirit so strong, and I just couldn't stop crying!  We started singing "I lovto see the temple," and that one just got to me.  Floods and floods of memories started streaming back to me from the day I was sealed to Tanner.  That was one of the most spiritual days of my life, and the most life-changing experience of my life.  As I was sitting there listening to everyone around me singing about the temple, I kept repeating these words in my head: I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday.  To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray.  For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty.  I'll prepare myself while I am young, this is my sacred duty.  I love to see the temple, I'll go inside someday.  To covenant with my Father; I'll promise to obey.  For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together. As a child of God I've learned this truth....A FAMILY IS FOREVER."  Aren't these such powerful words? Oh man, for some reason when I heard these words yesterday, it was just what I needed to hear.  It is amazing to me that our Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need to hear, exactly when we need to hear it.  I've just been praying about certain things lately, and it is so bittersweet to me that even through my own sister in law, the Lord spoke through her to tell me that "maybe Sis. Perry will tell me something I need to hear."  I will be forever grateful for Whit for that because that fireside was exactly what I needed to hear.  I feel so blessed to have 2 such wonderful families.   I got to spend some quality time with my mom this past weekend in Utah, and we had so much fun!! We just laughed our heads off, sang really loud to songs on the radio, and just spend some quality time together.  It was a blast.  I also love being around Tanners family as well.  They always make me feel so loved, and we always laugh our heads off and have a good time as well.  Last but not least, I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father for giving me such wonderful families.  Family has always been a source of strength to me, and now I have double the strength that I used to have.  I love you Andersons and Stevens!!






3 comments:

  1. You're amazing Maddie. And everyone loves you to pieces, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful experience you must have had. ANd you expressed your feelings so well. I love you Miss Maddle-Faddle-Caddelina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh . . . yup I found your blog :) and I'm so glad I did! You are wonderful stein! I absolutely love hearing about how you are doing, so keep writing! I can't believe its been over 15 years since we had kindergarten together. Time sure does fly! I'm so glad that life is going so well :) Love you TONS!

    ReplyDelete