Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

COOKING

So before I got married, I never did much cooking; but whenever I would, I really enjoyed it. Since my mom made dinner for us every night, I never really thought about making dinner because it was already made for me! Terrible attitude I know...but that's what I thought. Since being married for 3 weeks,I have had over 21 opportunities to make dinner for my husband. I have gotten online and found recipes, made up my own, attempted at making some of my mothers masterpieces, along with my mother in laws. I have had many intersting experiences. One sunday I burned rolls because Tanner and I fell asleep and I didn't hear the timer go off. Another time I burned an entire cake that was a surprise for Tanner. After several catastrophies, we figured out that the temperature of our oven is completely off. (so it wasn't ALL my fault....haha)

One day Tanner asked if I would make some sort of bacon and chicken concoction for dinner. I had no idea what to make so I found a recipe online of these little chicken/bacon wrap things. I had NO idea how they would turn out......but they were quite a hit! We loved them, and we even wanted more when they were done!
















So my mother in law has this fantastic cookie recipe, so I attempted to make them last night. I was excited to make them for Tanner, because he loves them. I called her like 3 times just to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. The first batch was very interesting....it turned out like this:
















The second batch was a little better....




















And the third batch....yeah I'm not really sure. They have HOLES in them!!!! I guess none of us are as good as our mothers.


















*Overall, I enjoy cooking. But I kind of struggle. That is all part of the fun...is laughing with your husband when you burn his meals. :)

1 comment:

  1. my cookies turn out like that too. Add more baking soda or powder and freeze the cookie dough balls before you bake them! That way then don't turn out so flat. :)

    ReplyDelete