Pages

We are still in love

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2015

yes...I did it.

I don't now how many times I've heard people say to me about gracie, "how old is he? he's so cute!" or "oh what a cutie. what's his name?" stuff like that. at first I just brushed it off but now it's become a weekly thing where gracie gets called a boy!! even when she's wearing a bow. I don't get it..haha some people are just weird I guess. But anyway, I got really bugged the other day when someone said, "oh he is a doll. how old?" it just hit me I was like seriously? gracie doesn't look like a boy! and she was wearing boots with a bow that day hahaha.

so I decided to get her ears pierced. I've been debating it for like a month now. I grew up where my dad didn't really approve of getting your ears pierced so I was afraid I think because of that. But anyway- I did it and she was a champ! she cried for like 30 seconds and that was it. I never ever thought I would pierce my baby's ears, but they are so cute!! And since she was born in April, her birth stone is a diamond :)

Anyway- I'll be chat booking this as well, but she looks like a little doll. I think her daddy likes it a lot. :)



1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing your photos and hearing about your getting your daughter's little ears pierced.

    Think you were a smart mommy getting her ears pierced now when mommy can care for them, plus she looks so darn cute with little earrings. We did our daughter at this age and everyone loved how cute she looked with little earrings. Gracie is soO adorable with those cute little sparkly earrings.

    I admit I loved seeing babies and little girls with cute earrings, but like you, I never thought I would be one of those moms having their baby ears pierced. I never broached the subject thinking dh would never agree to having our baby girl's ears pierced. One day, I was shopping with husband and our daughter was mistaken for a boy three times. Over lunch, I was super surprised when Rick said," ...I think its time to get her ears pierced." as we sat across from Piercing Pagoda in the food court seeing a little baby have her ears pierced and never shedding a tear.

    Fifteen minutes later, she had pretty earrings and has never been called a boy since
    Promise in her pictures, she is saying "thank you" for the "gift of pierced ears." This was the perfect age to do them when they can't remember having it done and sweet mommy taking such good care of her adorable little newly pierced ears so she can grow up pretty like her mom.

    When I took Sandi to her six month check, our ped concurred this was a good age to do them. In fact, she had so many moms ask her about it, she gave me a sheet with " Tips and Care for moms having their daughter's ears pierced." Would be happy to share with you or any mom who may be thinking or on the fence about it. .


    amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete